Corporate Social Responsibility
Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa is part of Greenclose Hotel Ltd and we have always been led by family values. Our group corporate social responsibility strategy is based in ensuring that our employees, environment, and local community are supported and cared for. Responsible behaviour is at the heart of our business and drives our vision for the future.
As an independent hotel and spa group with locations across the UK in areas of natural beauty we understand the importance of protecting the environment and promoting responsible tourism.
In an ever globalising marketplace it is important to recognise the impact we have at a local and global level. To ensure that we are accountable and contributing towards a positive and responsible future we are aligning to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, specifically – Goal 3 Good Health and Wellbeing; Goal 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 12 Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 15 Life on Land. These Goals have been created to bring companies, individuals, charities and governments together to solve the world’s most pressing social, economic and environmental issues and we are proud to announce our participation.
To champion the wellbeing of our team; to create a positive impact in our local communities; and to protect the natural environment.
Being a fair and caring employer and supporting our team to increase wellbeing.
It is our excellent teams that keep our company running, they are central to our success and are extended family. In order to support the teams across our different operations both physically and mentally we offer:
- Mental Health support through our internationally accredited Mental Health First Aid programme
- Physical and mental health support through gym and pool access
- Funded professional development
- Free access to Hospitality Actions’ employee assistance programme
- £50 hotels stays to include bed and breakfast at all hotels within the group
- Discounts on dining and SenSpa experiences
- Discounts on local attractions and activities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Free Meals
- Staff socials
- Childcare Vouchers
- Guest Care Awards and incentive Schemes
- Staff Accommodation
- Tips / Gratuities
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone.
Promoting our local economy to ensure a thriving community and supporting those in need.
Working with our local community is essential for a healthy and thriving business. To support local people and the local economy we:
- Use our expertise to work with local schools and colleges
- Support local charities where we can have the greatest impact and that matter to our team
- Whenever possible, purchase from our local communities to support local business
- Work with organisations such as Hampshire Fare to champion locally sourced produce
- Work with groups and guests to educate on the sensitive environments of our hotels
- Donate stays across our hotels to Room to Reward, a scheme that recognises the unsung heroes of our communities
Working to protect our natural environment for future generations and reducing pollution & waste.
Greenclose Hotels have always been environmentally conscious. However, we understand that there is always more that we can do so we have formalised our strategy to ensure we are working with local groups to enable positive action:
- Electric vehicle onsite available for guest transfers to and from the local train station
- Annual environment clean up days
- Reusing and recycling wherever possible
- Reducing our food waste across all locations
- Reducing our use of plastics where possible
- Our hotels are powered by hydroelectric energy
- At least 80% of our lighting is LED
- We offer electric charging points for cars
- Voltage optimisation to reduce energy consumption by circa 10%
- 3M window filming for bedrooms which has reduced solar gain by a guaranteed 71%
- Air course heat pumps for new bedrooms
- We use lightweight waffle robes at Careys Manor & SenSpa, which are water and energy efficient
- We make our own aqueous ozone on site for cleaning and disinfection. It is 99.9% effective against bacteria and virus, and is completely harmless for human and aquatic life
- Two large on site beehives to pollinate plants and produce honey
- Partnership with the Noble Bee Company, who have hives on the Beaulieu river
- Meat across the 3 hotels is free range and ethically sourced
- We grow our own vegetables and herbs as much as possible and source from local suppliers such as Marlings Vineyard in Sway, Isle of Wight Tomatoes and the Book and Bucket Hampshire Cheese Company.