Thai Trained Remedial Therapist – SenSpa
Type – Permanent full-time or part-time (22.5 to 37.5 hours per week, worked on a rolling rota basis)
Reports to – Therapy & Training Manager
Location – SenSpa is an award-winning Thai-inspired spa located at Careys Manor Hotel in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst. It is here that spa therapy and nature therapy combine to offer a unique New Forest spa experience that focuses on the health of the mind, body and spirit. Our staff benefit from a close teamwork environment, reward schemes and opportunities for personal development.
We are looking for an experienced therapist to provide traditional Thai Remedial massage therapy. You will be able to identify and assess cause of pain and treat using remedial therapy techniques to a standard of excellence, ensuring guest comfort and welfare at all times.
- Provide consistent specialist massage, face and body treatments as trained by SenSpa within the time allotted to the service.
- Assess guests’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion to identify problem areas and causes of pain.
- Apply massage techniques which relieve pain, increase mobility and restore health and wellbeing
- Provide, communicate and explain aftercare advice to support guests’ health
- Identify areas of discomfort and pain, and relieve through the use of the most suitable remedial massage, administering oils and herbs to treat these ailments
- Develop effective treatment plans for regular guests.
- Apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology and contra-indications so that guests’ health conditions are identified and dealt with sensitively and appropriately and treatments are carried out safely.
- Have a complete knowledge and understanding of all the services and products offered by the spa.
- Inform and educate guests about their specific concerns regarding the appropriateness of their treatment selection.
- You will have a good understanding of treatment benefits, ingredients and their effect on the body.
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilisation as stated in the spa policy and procedures and in line with Health and Safety directives.
- Perform preparatory work, cleaning and re-stocking treatment and prep rooms as required.
- Inform management of any occurrences in the spa that impact negatively on staff or guests.
- Care and maintain equipment as instructed in the spa standard operating procedures and inform management of any malfunction.
- Maintain a positive outlook and contribute towards a quality work environment for the team.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail.
- Regularly attend training, assessments and staff meetings.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be able to demonstrate their training and expertise in spa massage treatments to an extremely high standard
- have advanced skills as a Traditional Thai Massage Therapist with substantial experience of practising massage therapy/Thai medicine in Thailand (at least 600 hours formal training received in a Thai government approved Thai traditional massage/medicine facility)
- have a thorough knowledge of treatments, benefits and ingredients, and their effect on the body
- have experience working at a similar establishment i.e. a hotel spa or destination spa
- have worked in a large team of therapists, meaning they are able to work proactively and be a team player
- be calm and professional at all times
- be expected to project an exceptional image of SenSpa to guests
- be able to demonstrate a good level of English
- Excellent rates of pay plus commission and annual salary review
- Free off-peak use of the spa and gym facilities
- Free meals on duty
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Training & development opportunities
- Complimentary hotel and spa experiences offered as part of your training
- Discounts off hotel stays, restaurants, spa services and products
- Generous Friends and family discounts
- Referral bonus for introducing a friend
- Enhanced annual leave for long service (5 years+)
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking