The Vintage Afternoon Tea Celebration Package
According to legend, one of Queen Victoria’s ladies-in waiting, Anna Maria Stanhope, known as the Duchess of Bedford, is credited as the creator of afternoon teatime.
Because the noon meal had become skimpier, the Duchess suffered from a “sinking feeling” at about four o’clock in the afternoon. She invited friends to join her for an additional afternoon meal at five o’clock in her rooms at Belvoir Castle.
This summer practice proved so popular, the Duchess continued it when she returned to London. Other social hostesses quickly picked up on the idea and the practice became respectable enough to move it into the drawing room. Before long all of fashionable society was gathering sipping tea and nibbling sandwiches and cakes in the middle of the afternoon. This sociable pastime carries on at Careys and we are now happy to bring this British afternoon luxury to your Big Day.
- Red Carpet on Arrival welcoming you in true style
- Our Wedding Supervisor acting as Master of Ceremonies during your Day
- Civil Ceremony in our Lounge
- Glass of Champagne or Non alcoholic Cocktail for your Reception Drink
- Croquet on the Lawn
- Afternoon Tea served on tiered stands
- Glass of Champagne with the Toast
- Decorative Pitcher or Jug with Wistful Seasonal Flower arrangement on each table
- Vintage Floral Table Top
- Vintage Style Table Menus
- Chair Covers and your Choice of Organza or Satin Sash
- Table Plan
- Traditional Silver Cake Base and Knife
- Wedding Afternoon Tea and Evening Room Hire Charges in our Cedar Suite up to 11pm with private access to the walled garden
- “New Forest Butcher’s Block” Evening Fork Buffet
- Serving of the Wedding Cake
- Four Poster Manor Bridal Suite on the night of the Wedding with Full English Breakfast
2015 - £140.00 | 2016 - £145.00 per person (inclusive of VAT @ 20%)
This package is available Friday & Saturday with a Minimum of 60 people.
Our dedicated and experienced staff are on hand to ensure your Wedding day is a dream come true. Take advantage of our irresistibly elegant and stylish wedding package offers, call Françoise Gysemans on 01590 624467