Spa With Confidence
In the recent months, we have all faced unprecedented challenges as a result of COVID-19. The well-being of our guests and teams has always been of utmost importance to us and this has never been truer than it is now.
When we re-open our New Forest spa, we are committed to operating to the highest levels of health and safety vigilance, providing you with the safest, most comfortable and flexible experience whilst enjoying the high standard of service expected at SenSpa.
We have devised a health and safety program in accordance with the HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Spa Association – our support partner. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, our internal operating practices and procedures will be continuously reviewed and updated as necessary.
We know we are living and working through challenging times, however, we want to reassure you that when coming to visit SenSpa for your spa day, spa break or spa treatment, we are ready for you and are prepared for the changes needed to provide a safe and secure guest experience.
If you do have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us online or by phone on 01590 623551
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SenSpa soon.
Lina Lotto – Spa Director
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All team members have undergone mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have also introduced ‘Health and Safety Ambassadors’, to implement and oversee all new practices, procedures and training.
- All team members are, upon returning to work, required to have their temperature checked on a daily basis and must stay at home and follow official guidance on self-isolating should they feel unwell.
- All team members are required to sanitise their hands at regular intervals.
- All team members are required to wear PPE as appropriate.
- All teams follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
- All guests are required to wear face coverings when in public areas of the hotel and dry areas of the spa.
- All guests are sent an online health questionnaire prior to arrival and are required to complete it online at least 24 hours before their arrival date.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms (high temperature, continuous cough, loss of taste or smell), please self-isolate for 7 days and arrange to be tested if you have any of these symptoms.
- We will kindly ask that we take your temperature on arriving at the spa. Should you show signs of a high temperature, we will have to ask you to return home.
- We kindly ask that all guests observe government guidelines to keep themselves and others safe.
- Cash will not be accepted and credit/debit card details will be required for contactless payments.
- Helpful signage is placed around public areas to aid social distancing and we kindly ask guests to respect these measures.
- We have greatly reduced guest numbers throughout the spa to maintain social distancing.
- The Spa Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
Our Suppliers & Partners
- Any deliveries are received at the ‘goods delivery door’ and suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment or are authorised to do so.
- Access to back of house areas are restricted to staff only.
Health & Hygiene
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of common touch points, e.g. lobby areas, public bathrooms, dining chairs/tables and sanitising areas using a virucidal/bactericidal disinfectant fogger. The entire spa is cleaned and disinfected with virucidal/bactericidal disinfectant fogger overnight and after every class.
- Hand sanitising stations are in place throughout the hotel and spa.
- Useful signage is in place to uphold social distancing measures.
- Non-essential items have been removed to reduce cross-contamination. e.g magazines, books and newspapers.
- Spa seating in reception, restaurant and relaxation rooms has been rearranged or screened to allow for social distancing.
- Coffee, tea and refreshments has been removed from the relaxation rooms.
- Therapists sanitise hands before and after treatment as they have always done. We ask guests to either wash hands or use disinfectant gel before and after the treatment as well.
- We have allowed half an hour in between treatments for the room to be completely cleaned and disinfected. Each is fogged with disinfectant every night.
- It has always been our policy to change linens and disinfect gel face rests and equipment after each guest and we will continue with this.
- Given the personal nature of treatments we already have a high level of disinfection procedures in place, however we will be increasing the frequency of disinfection of therapists’ preparation rooms.
- Therapists wear a visor and mask for each individual guest.
- We kindly ask that guests wear face coverings when laying face up on the couch during their treatments (excluding facials).
Spa and leisure facilities
- Every guest is strictly required to shower before entering any of the pools. 75% of bacteria is removed by simple showering which leaves more available chlorine to kill virus and bacteria.
- Hydrotherapy access wristbands are disinfected after each use.
- The chlorine level in the pools has been increased and pH reduced in line with Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG) guidelines for Covid-19.
- Three swimming lanes are marked to ensure social distancing. Two may be pre-booked and the third is for those who wish to just have a quick dip.
- Soft furnishings have been removed from pool loungers to mitigate the risk of contamination.
- We kindly ask guests to disinfect gym equipment after each use. Staff will also disinfect the gym and equipment regularly.
- Sanitising stations are placed throughout the gym
- Gym staff will wear face visors.
- There is helpful signage in place to allow for social distancing.
- Gym equipment has been screened to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- We ask that you do not bring towels/’sweat towels’ to the gym or to classes. Please wear sweat bands instead to avoid cross-contamination.
Open for spa members only.
- Some classes have been relocated and numbers reduced where appropriate.
- Exercise mats are disinfected with high pressure/temperature steam cleaning after each use. Please do not bring your own mat unless it has been throughly disinfected, to avoid cross contamination.
- The room used for classes is fogged after each class
- We ask that you do not bring towels/’sweat towels’ to classes. Please wear sweat bands instead to avoid cross-contamination.
Currently available for spa day guests and members only.
- Staggered arrivals for spa day guests to maintain social distancing.
- There is helpful signage in place to allow for social distancing.
- Hotel guests are asked to use their bedroom as a changing facility.
- Locker keys are issued at spa reception and our members are required to sign in and out.
- Lockers are disinfected after each use.
- Linen baskets are lined to minimise staff contact with used linens.
- Laundry is bagged appropriately and laundered at 60 degrees plus or if that is not possible we will use detergent that is guaranteed to kill virus.