Spa Maintenance Assistant (Nights)
Type – Part time (20 hours per week), 5 out of 7 days per week
Reports to – Spa Operations Manager
Location – SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel is a superb, award-winning Thai-inspired spa located in Brockenhurst, Hampshire. Facilities include an extensive hydrotherapy and relaxation area, gym, studio, 18 treatment rooms, spa shop and the Zen Garden Thai restaurant. It is here that spa and nature therapy combine to offer a unique New Forest spa experience that focuses on the health of the mind, body and spirit.
The hotel is situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London.
We are seeking a reliable night owl with leisure maintenance experience to ensure our spa, and gym facilities remain in tip-top condition ready for guests the following day.
Reporting to the Spa Operations Manager and part of our spa nights team you will focus on painting and decorating, repairing and installing fixtures and fitting, replacing light bulbs and batteries and basic tiling and silicone sealing across all areas of SenSpa including the pool, hydrotherapy suite, gym, changing rooms and treatment rooms.
This position is part-time for 20 hours per week on a 5 in 7 days basis for shifts typically between 8pm-12pm when the spa is closed, though there is flexibility with when the hours are worked throughout the week.
- Carry out numerous general duties, managing and co-ordinating a team of 3 maintenance staff across both hotels and the spa.
- To work in conjunction with the refurbishment team and independently, as required.
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery.
- Carpentry, painting and decorating.
- Basic plumbing and electrical tasks (qualifications would be an advantage)
- Familiarity and commitment to Health & Safety standards and compliance with current legislation.
- To ensure gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris.
- Ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access to the residences, particularly in adverse weather conditions.
- General portaging/removals.
- Ad Hoc duties as detailed by line manager.
- Respond to emergency calls.
Our ideal candidate:
- Painting and decorating skills gained in a commercial environment
- General maintenance assistant experience
- Reliable and able to work alone productively
- Health & safety awareness
- A good level of English
- Salary of £13,000 per annum plus Service Charge
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- Uniform and workwear provided
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement & annual celebratory dinner
- Staff referral bonus scheme
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme