Type –40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7. Full details of shifts will be provided but flexibility is an advantage.
Reports to – Head Housekeeper
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
A Summary Of The Job
With increased demand for Staycations in the UK, we are now seeking a Room Attendant to enhance our housekeeping function. Our Housekeeping Department is a friendly, professional environment working hard as a team to create and deliver the perfect guest experience.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A focus on customer service and the guest experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work to time critical deadlines
- Motivation to work alone at times
- A friendly and positive attitude as well as good communication
- A collaborative approach to teamwork
- Previous hotel or cleaning experience in a commercial environment would be useful, however full training will be provided
- Cleaning bathrooms with appropriate products
- Dusting and vacuuming bedrooms
- Removing rubbish and separating recyclable items
- Cleaning tea making facilities and replenishing supplies
- Replenishing towels, stationary, bathrobes, slippers etc
- Completing section list and compiling laundry count
- Comply with health and safety regulations including COSHH
- Wear appropriate uniform and ensure that personal presentation is tidy and acceptable to guests
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Be able to direct guests and have basic knowledge of hotel and facilities
- Maintain an excellent level of customer service at all times
- Follow company procedures and guidelines
- Act in accordance with the Hotel’s fire plan
- Will be required to clean at least 11 depart rooms per day. If they are stay rooms, there may be more.
- To take responsibility for the cleaning and checking of your allocated rooms. You will be held directly accountable if there are found to be any issues by the guests or duty managers.
- You will be required to clean public areas at the end of cleaning your allocated rooms.
- You may be required to clean staff accommodation if requested by Housekeepers
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All staff undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have devised a health & safety program in accordance with HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Our internal operating practices will be reviewed to reflect ongoing recommendations.
- £10.00 per hour plus Service Charge tips
- £300 referral bonus for introducing a friend (both must actively work throughout 3 month qualifying period)
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
- Uniform and workwear provided
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement and annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme