Type –40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7. Full details of shifts will be provided but flexibility is an advantage.
Salary – £22,880 per annum + service charge tips
Reports to – Head Housekeeper
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
A Summary Of The Job
The Housekeeping department forms the backbone of any hotel operation and plays a critical role in delivering the perfect guest experience. With increased demand for Staycations in the UK, we are now seeking a Room Attendant to join our friendly and professional housekeeping team and help maintain our high standards of cleanliness.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A focus on customer service and the guest experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work to time critical deadlines
- Motivation to work alone at times
- A friendly and positive attitude as well as good communication
- A collaborative approach to teamwork
- Previous hotel or cleaning experience in a commercial environment would be useful, however full training will be provided
- Cleaning bathrooms with appropriate products
- Dusting and vacuuming bedrooms
- Removing rubbish and separating recyclable items
- Cleaning tea making facilities and replenishing supplies
- Replenishing towels, stationary, bathrobes, slippers etc
- Completing section list and compiling laundry count
- Comply with health and safety regulations including COSHH
- Wear appropriate uniform and ensure that personal presentation is tidy and acceptable to guests
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Be able to direct guests and have basic knowledge of hotel and facilities
- Maintain an excellent level of customer service at all times
- Follow company procedures and guidelines
- Act in accordance with the Hotel’s fire plan
- Will be required to clean at least 11 depart rooms per day. If they are stay rooms, there may be more.
- To take responsibility for the cleaning and checking of your allocated rooms. You will be held directly accountable if there are found to be any issues by the guests or duty managers.
- You will be required to clean public areas at the end of cleaning your allocated rooms.
- You may be required to clean staff accommodation if requested by Housekeepers
- £22,880 per annum plus Service Charge tips and annual salary review
- Free off-peak use of the spa and gym facilities
- Free meals on duty
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Training & development opportunities
- Complimentary hotel and spa experiences offered as part of your training
- Discounts off hotel stays, restaurants, spa services and products
- Friends and family discounts
- Referral bonus for introducing a friend
- Enhanced annual leave for long service (5 years+)
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking