Type – Full time (40 hours per week), with a rota operating on 5 out of 7 days per week.
Reports to – Reservations Manager
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Located in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst, nestled between the New Forest National Park and the Solent. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award-winning SenSpa and 3 onsite restaurants, we pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
A Summary Of The Job
Our Reservations Department is a professional, vibrant environment working hard to maximize revenue and deliver exceptional customer service for guests making reservations at Careys Manor, SenSpa or our sister hotel The Montagu Arms Hotel. With an unprecedented interest in Staycations and Weddings this Summer, we are now seeking a Reservations Agent to join the team.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of 5 Reservations Agents, all reporting into the Reservations Manager.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills and superb telephone manner
- Natural flair and passion for sales
- Excellent standards of customer service
- Great ability to prioritise work to time critical deadlines
- Computer literacy with experience of using Microsoft Office
- A friendly and positive attitude
- A collaborative approach and great team spirit
- Previous hotel experience would be useful, however full training will be provided
- To process telephone, email and fax reservations according to room and rate availability, ensuring that full and accurate details are obtained and input accordingly into Opera.
- To develop enquires into confirmed bookings for Hotel and Spa
- To maximise room’s revenue and occupancy in line with the hotels budgets.
- To update reservations, to input and record cancellations and amendments, making sure all details are accurate.
- To deal with travel agent bookings, vouchers and credit requests, ensuring that the hotel’s policy is adhered to at all times.
- To process and record deposits
- To promptly send all confirmations and check details and requirements for accuracy
- To regularly and correctly file all correspondences for present, past and future months.
- To consistently update guest histories records and add any new or relevant data as necessary.
- To ensure all revenue boards are updated
- To be full conversant with Opera and Concept
- Liaise with Sales and other departments when dealing with VIP guests, sales leads and rate requests.
- Cross check the next day’s Opera arrivals report.
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All staff undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have devised a health & safety program in accordance with HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Our internal operating practices will be reviewed to reflect ongoing recommendations.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- Uniform and workwear provided
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Annual leave. Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement
- Long Service annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme
- Free parking on site