Pastry Chef – Cambium – 4 Day Week
Type – Full time, permanent. 48 hrs per week working 4 days out of 7 on a rota basis.
Reports to – Head Chef
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Located in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst, nestled between the New Forest National Park and the Solent. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award-winning SenSpa and 3 onsite restaurants, we pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages.
Cambium’s growing popularity creates an exciting new career opportunity for an enthusiastic Pastry Chef to work alongside the Head Chef, Alistair Craig, helping to build a strong kitchen team and ensuring we deliver outstanding cuisine for our guests. You will have exacting standards, an eye for detail and the desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Produce high standard of desserts, petit fours, biscuits, cakes and bread for restaurant guests, afternoon teas and banquets.
- Produce dishes as per Head Chef’s instruction, maintaining consistency and high quality for our guests
- Support and lead other chefs in your section through clear communication and delegation, and identify any training needs
- Make sure all Mise en place meets the required high standards set by Head Chef
- Help with the day-to-day cleaning and organisation of the kitchen, dry stores, veg stores and main cool room
- Take a proactive role in the team, identifying and resolving issues as well as sharing ideas for improvement and development of menu options.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Good cookery background and training, demonstrating a natural flair for pastry work with experience of chocolate work, yeast goods, ice cream and sorbet etc.
- Good communication skills and teamwork together with a can-do attitude, willing to be flexible around the demands of the business
- Meticulously high standards and an eye for detail
- A passion for food and ambition to achieve culinary excellence
- High standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Good knowledge of food hygiene/health & safety standards
- Experience in a similar establishment or hotel (at 2 or 3 rosette level)
- £32,500 per annum plus Service Charge tips and annual salary review
- Free off-peak use of the spa and gym facilities
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Free meals on duty
- Training & Development opportunities
- Discounts off hotel stays, restaurants, spa services and products
- Friends and family discounts
- Referral bonus for introducing a friend
- Enhanced annual leave for long service (5 years+)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
If you are a confident and motivated Pastry chef (or a Chef de Partie hoping to move into Pastry) who is passionate about delivering high standards of service and quality, then we’d love to hear from you.