Pastry Chef – Cambium – 4 Day Week
Type – Full time, permanent (48 hrs per week), 4 days out of 7 on a rota basis.
Reports to – Executive Head Chef
Location – Careys Manor & SenSpa is a luxury four-star hotel and spa located in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst, nestled between the New Forest National Park and the Solent. It is only 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station which offers excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. With 77 elegant bedrooms, the award-winning SenSpa, three onsite restaurants and versatile conference and function space, we pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. Cambium restaurant offers a fresh, contemporary yet classic style, capturing the essence of the local area and the abundant variety of colour during the changing seasons. It offers our diners cuisine to a three Rosette standard with emphasis on simplicity, exacting flavour combinations and exemplary presentation.
Cambium’s growing popularity creates an exciting new career opportunity for an enthusiastic Pastry Chef to work alongside the Executive Head Chef, helping to build a strong kitchen team and ensuring we deliver outstanding cuisine for our guests. You will have exacting standards, an eye for detail and the desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Produce high standard of desserts, petit fours, biscuits, cakes, pastries and bread for restaurant guests, afternoon teas and banquets.
- Produce dishes as per Head Chef’s instruction, maintaining consistency and high quality for our guests
- Support and lead other chefs in your section through clear communication and delegation, and identify any training needs
- Develop imaginative ideas for afternoon tea to ensure that our reputation as the premium afternoon tea location in the New Forest is maintained.
- Make sure all Mise en place meets the required high standards set by Head Chef
- Help with the day-to-day cleaning and organisation of the kitchen, dry stores, veg stores and main cool room
- Take a proactive role in the team, identifying and resolving issues as well as sharing ideas for improvement and development of menu options – a team player, helping to promote a positive working environment.
- Ensure dietary requirements are catered for across all areas and all relevant information is up to date and available to all relevant parties, including allergens.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Good cookery background and training, demonstrating a natural flair for pastry work with experience of chocolate work, yeast goods, ice cream and sorbet etc.
- Good communication skills and teamwork together with a can-do attitude, willing to be flexible around the demands of the business
- Meticulously high standards and an eye for detail
- A passion for food and ambition to achieve culinary excellence
- High standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Good knowledge of food hygiene/health & safety standards
- Experience in a similar establishment or hotel (ideally at 2 or 3 rosette level)
- Good understanding of Allergens
- Eligibility to work in the UK
We offer benefits including:
- Up to £37,000pa (subject to experience) plus service charge tips
- Subsidised live-in accommodation
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facilities
- Complimentary canteen with hot dishes daily
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Training & development opportunities
- Hotel and restaurant discounts within the group
- Generous Friends & Family discounts in our group hotels, spa, spa boutique and restaurants
- Referral bonus for introducing a friend
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement & annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme
- Free parking on-site
If you are a confident and motivated Pastry chef who is passionate about delivering exquisite sweet treats and delicious bread and pastries, then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a CV and covering letter via the link below.