Type – Full time (40 hours per week), operating on 5 out of 7 days per week.
Reports to – Maintenance Manager
Location – based at Careys Manor Hotel. Greenclose Hotels Limited is a family owned and operated hotel company with three luxury 4 star hotels and a spa. There are two hotels in the New Forest, The Montagu Arms Hotel in Beaulieu and Careys Manor Hotel in Brockenhurst, also home to the Thai spa, SenSpa. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings. Our third hotel, The Imperial, is located in the seaside resort of Llandudno in Wales.
We are looking for a methodical, hands-on Maintenance Engineer with commercial experience in routine heating and plumbing maintenance, breakdown repairs and facilities management. The key purpose of the role is to carry out all works necessary to install, maintain and refurbish the various plant, equipment and associated pipe systems at all Greenclose Hotels and associated properties. The key objective is to ensure that guests are able to fully benefit from all the facilities at each property without interruption through preventative maintenance and, in the case of equipment failure, proactive approach to recovering the situation.
- Routine maintenance, checks and servicing of plant, equipment and associated pipe systems (hot, cold and stored).
- Installation of plant, equipment and associated pipe systems.
- General plumbing/heating/hot water/cold water systems.
- Accurately log all relevant information on works carried out to plant, equipment and associated pipe systems as part of the development and management of a maintenance schedule.
- Attend broken/failed/damage plant, equipment and associated pipe systems and repair or replace as necessary to suit the requirements of the property.
- To work in conjunction with the refurbishment team and independently, as required.
- Familiarity and commitment to Health & Safety standards and compliance with current legislation.
- ‘On call’ breakdown support in addition to core hours, and weekend cover as required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work as a team, and unsupervised
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Flexible & works well under pressure
- Must be of smart appearance with good customer service skills
- A good sense of humour!
- Commercial experience in plumbing maintenance/repairs/installation
- NVQ/QNVQ Level 2&3 in Plumbing & Hot Water Systems
- Gas Safety certification would be desirable but not critical
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All staff undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have devised a health & safety program in accordance with HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Our internal operating practices will be reviewed to reflect ongoing recommendations.
- Competitive remuneration package, including “on call” payments
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- Uniform and workwear provided
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Annual leave. Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement
- Long Service annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme
- Free parking on site