Kitchen Porter (Full time & Casual)
Type – Full time, permanent 40 hrs per week working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis OR Part time, casual hours (please state your typical availability when you apply)
Reports to – Head Chef
Location – Careys Manor Hotel is situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
Careys Manor Hotel is a luxury four-star hotel and spa located in the New Forest National Park in Hampshire, England with 3 onsite restaurants.
We are now seeking a hard-working, team player to undertake the role of Kitchen Porter in our friendly kitchen at Careys Manor. Typical duties include washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery (to get them back in use quickly), washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls, unloading deliveries, organising the storeroom, making sure kitchen equipment is properly stored. Although a busy role and physical work, this is a great job for someone looking to work in a team and gain valuable kitchen experience along the way. Full time or part time, casual hours available.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be flexible and committed to working in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changing situations
- Have high standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Good knowledge of food hygiene (full training provided)
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All staff undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have devised a health & safety program in accordance with HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Our internal operating practices will be reviewed to reflect ongoing recommendations.
- Competitive rates of pay plus Service Charge Tips
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- £300 referral bonus for introducing a friend (both must actively work thoughout 3 month qualifying period)
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Long serving employees enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement
- Long Service annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme