Hotel Reception Manager
Type – Full time, permanent (45 hours per week), 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis
Reports to – Hotel Manager
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Located in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst, nestled between the New Forest National Park and the Solent. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award-winning SenSpa and 3 onsite restaurants, we pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London.
Are you a manager who puts the guest experience at the heart of the business? As Reception Manager, you will aim to deliver a truly remarkable guest experience every time through outstanding levels of customer service and the efficient, smooth running of hotel reception operations. With excellent organisational skills, you will be a passionate team player who thrives on training and development, nurturing your team through guidance, learning and motivation. This is an exciting and varied role focusing on personalised service delivery and customer engagement, developing a strong reception team and maximising revenue and awareness of all products and services associated with the hotel and spa.
- Ensure all standards are met during check in/check out following the AA standards with a personalised, attentive service and accurate billing.
- Carry out the duties of the early and late shifts and daily hotel banking, as required
- Motivate staff and encourage teamwork, deliver training, one-to-ones & coaching
- Ensure all PM accounts are settled by guests and if not added traces to the accounts and chase guests
- To have knowledge of the hotel’s facilities and local attractions and correctly communicate these to the guests.
- To be able to use the hotel’s computer system, Opera, confidently and efficiently
- To take reservations professionally and confidently
- To be able to work in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To be trained as a duty manager, ensure full knowledge of fire evacuation procedures, duty management responsibilities and complaint handling resolution
- Completion of rota on a weekly basis, ensuring DM shifts are covered with a second Receptionist support
- Administer and drive monthly upselling team challenge
- Monitor customer satisfaction, manage and resolve guest complaints discreetly and ensure grievances are logged on DM diary and any follow up actioned within 24 hrs
- Provide input on innovative ideas/experiences that might enhance our guests’ stay
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven leadership skills and a positive “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle numerous deadlines whilst maintaining high level of attention to detail when under pressure
- Ability and patience to nurture and develop a growing team
- The drive to succeed and constantly improve procedures and practices
- £30-£35,000.00 per annum plus Service Charge tips and annual salary review
- Free off-peak use of the spa and gym facilities
- Free meals on duty
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Training & development opportunities
- Complimentary hotel and spa experiences offered as part of your training
- Discounts off hotel stays, restaurants, spa services and products
- Friends and family discounts
- Referral bonus for introducing a friend
- Enhanced annual leave for long service (5 years+)
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking