Head Chef – Le Blaireau Bar & Bistro
Type – Full time, permanent. 40 hours over 5 out of 7 days, including weekends.
Reports to – Le Blaireau Manager
Location – Le Blaireau Bar & Bistro at Careys Manor Hotel. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London.The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
A Summary Of The Job
Situated in the grounds of Careys Manor Hotel, our French bar and bistro, Le Blaireau, offers guests a relaxed, laid back atmosphere with regional French cooking and an all-French wine list.
We are seeking a Head Chef to head up the brigade in the kitchen of Le Blaireau. This is an exciting opportunity to work with local, free-range and organic produce sourced in line with our ethical food policy. You will also have the chance to fully redevelop the menu and take this exciting French concept to the next level.
This is a busy, high volume brasserie and you need to be able to cope under pressure with high numbers of customers.
Our successful candidate will be an experienced Head Chef with a stable career in restaurants. With classic French training, you will have lived and worked in France serving rustic French food. With experience of sauce, pastry etc. you will be a multi-skilled chef who is adaptable to the needs of the business. We are seeking someone who can run the kitchen competently, especially when busy, ensuring excellence and consistency all round. You will need excellent organisational skills, as well as high standards and attention to detail. It is important we find a team player with good communication skills, and in this French bistro, a good knowledge of both French and English language would be an advantage
- Manage, motivate and develop the team of chefs through clear communication and delegation and identify/support training as required
- Management of stock and food costs
- Maintaining the highest standards of food hygiene and health and safety
- Liaise effectively with the Restaurant front of house team
- Development of menus and consistently produce high quality dishes for our guests
- Take a proactive role in identifying and resolving any issues as well as promoting ideas for improvements
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All staff undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have devised a health & safety program in accordance with HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Our internal operating practices will be reviewed to reflect ongoing recommendations.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- Uniform and workwear provided
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Annual leave. Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement
- Long Service annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme
- Free parking on site