Group Finance Director
Type – Full time (40 hours per week), Monday to Friday
Reports to – Managing Director
Location – based at Careys Manor Hotel. Greenclose Hotels Limited is a family owned and operated hotel company with three luxury 4 star hotels and a spa. There are two hotels in the New Forest, The Montagu Arms Hotel in Beaulieu and Careys Manor Hotel in Brockenhurst, also home to the Thai spa, SenSpa. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings. Our third hotel, The Imperial, is located in the seaside resort of Llandudno in Wales.
We are seeking a Group Finance Director to join the senior team at privately owned Greenclose Hotels Limited. Based at Careys Manor Hotel in Brockenhurst, you will oversee the finance function for three four-star properties, two in Hampshire’s New Forest and one in North Wales.
As a board member and Company Secretary you will work closely with the Managing Director, using your commercial experience to ensure the group continues to thrive and plan for future growth.
You will be responsible for all aspects of finance and treasury management, procurement, IT systems, budgeting and tax planning, liaising with professional advisors as required.
- Provide financial leadership, direction and discipline to ensure the development of the Group in a controlled manner in compliance with statutory obligations
- Support decision making
- Develop the Group’s Management Information Systems, ensuring they support group growth
- Support the management team as required
- Manage, develop and motivate the finance team of four ensuring an efficient and effective operation
- Contribute to strategy setting and decision making and to Group initiatives, including leading projects and contributing expertise
- Appreciate detail and contribute to day-to-day operations
Greenclose Hotels Limited comprises Careys Manor & SenSpa in Brockenhurst, The Montagu Arms in Beaulieu and The Imperial Hotel in Llandudno, three hotels that pride themselves on warm and personal service for guests choosing to stay, meet, dine and spa in our stunning forest and seafront locations.
Key skills, experience & attributes:
- Prior financial management experience in a similar sized hospitality, leisure, food services or retail business
- Appropriate accounting qualification, educated to degree level
- A positive, proactive and problem-solving approach
- IT literate
- A clean DBS check
- We offer an equity style incentive package, 30 days holiday, private healthcare, generous pension scheme, complimentary use of the superb spa and gym facilities, restaurant and hotel stay discounts and complimentary staff canteen.