Food & Beverage Assistant
Type – Full time (40 hours per week), with a rota operating on 5 out of 7 days per week.
Reports to – Restaurant Manager
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Located in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst, nestled between the New Forest National Park and the Solent. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award-winning SenSpa and 3 onsite restaurants, we pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
Looking ahead to our re-opening in May, we are expecting to be very busy with Staycations and postponed weddings and are now seeking an enthusiastic F&B Assistant to develop their knowledge and skills in an award-winning restaurant and hotel. The Restaurant Manager will be on hand to support and provide training and guidance to enable you and the team to deliver exceptional customer service for guests dining in the restaurant, taking afternoon tea or attending a special event or wedding.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- A friendly positive attitude and a desire to learn
- A focus on customer service and the guest experience
- A strong work ethic
- Passion for the job and ambition to succeed
- A collaborative approach to teamwork and adaptability
- Basic wine knowledge
- Experience in a three star hotel or fine dining (preferable but not essential)
- Relevant Food & Beverage background
- Meet and greet guests and provide excellent customer service in accordance with the Company standards
- Develop a high degree of knowledge of menu items, ingredients, allergens and pricing. Maintain this knowledge with any menu changes
- Assist guests with menu selections, upselling where opportunities arise
- Take guest orders accurately and efficiently ensuring clear communication with the kitchen
- Accurately prepare final bills for guests and efficiently process payments on the system and store bills securely
- Be aware of any guest dissatisfaction and immediately take action to resolve
- Clear and set tables in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Ensure the highest level of hygiene and food safety, ensuring all foods are labelled correctly
- Perform opening and close down procedures
- Communicate effectively with all internal customers e.g. Heads of Departments and staff members
- Be responsible for ensuring the mis en place for service e.g. cutlery, crockery, glassware, condiments, fruits, juices etc are re-stocked for service
- Strictly adhere to company rules regarding fire and health & safety, as per hotel standards
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All staff undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have devised a health & safety program in accordance with HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Our internal operating practices will be reviewed to reflect ongoing recommendations.
- Competitive remuneration package, including Service Charge tips
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- Uniform and workwear provided
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Annual leave. Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement
- Long Service annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme
- Free parking on site