Chef De Partie – Zen Garden Restaurant
Type – Full time, permanent (48 hours per week), 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis
Reports to – Head Chef
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Located in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst, nestled between the New Forest National Park and the Solent. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award-winning SenSpa and 3 onsite restaurants, we pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London.
Situated within Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, you will find the Zen Garden Thai Restaurant. Serving authentic Thai cuisine, the traditional Thai decor creates a tranquil and relaxed dining atmosphere for guests. The imaginative menus created by our Thai Chefs offer a fresh infusion of exotic flavours that create exquisite cuisine.
We are now seeking a skilled Chef with an excellent understanding of Thai cuisine/culture and the ability to create authentic and delicious Thai dishes that appeal to our guests, adhering to the highest standards of food hygiene and health and safety at all times. This is a busy restaurant within our spa, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner to both spa day and hotel guests.
- Cooking excellent food to consistently exceed guest expectations.
- Adhere to company ethical food policy e.g. organic produce/free range/local/seasonal etc.
- Work to achieve two Rosettes for the Zen Garden Restaurant.
- Ensure daily health and safety diaries are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure company health and safety policies and procedures are strictly adhered to at all times, especially with regard to allergens and safe cooking procedures.
- Follow strict cleaning procedures and maintain the highest levels of cleanliness throughout the kitchen.
- Report malfunctioning equipment.
- Work with Events Team and other kitchen staff to arrange menus and cooking for functions/weddings/special events.
- Provide menu and food in a timely manner for room service requests from guests.
- Take a proactive role in the team, identifying and resolving issues as well as sharing ideas for improvement and development of menu options – a team player, helping to promote a positive working environment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Chef de Partie experience in an authentic Thai restaurant
- Good understanding of English (both spoken and written)
- Good cookery background and training with working knowledge of Thai cuisine and understanding of Thai culture
- Good communication skills and teamwork together with a can-do attitude, willing to be flexible around the demands of the business
- High standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Good knowledge of food hygiene/health & safety standards and allergens
- Good understanding of Allergens
- Eligibility to work in the UK
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the finest ingredients sourced in line with our ethical food policy, using authentic Thai and local, free-range and organic produce wherever possible, within a supportive team and community.
We offer benefits including:
- £29,000pa plus service charge tips
- Subsidised live-in accommodation
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facilities
- Complimentary canteen with hot dishes daily (including Thai option)
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Training & development opportunities
- Hotel and restaurant discounts within the group
- Generous Friends & Family discounts in our group hotels, spa, spa boutique and restaurants
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement & annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme
- Free parking on-site