Chef De Partie – Cambium
Type – Full time, permanent. 50 hrs per week working 5 days out of 7 (including weekends) on a rota basis.
Reports to – Head Chef
Location – Careys Manor Hotel is situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
Careys Manor Hotel is a luxury four-star hotel and spa located in the New Forest National Park in Hampshire, England. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. Cambium restaurant offers a fresh, contemporary yet classic style, capturing the essence of the local area and the abundant variety of colour during the changing seasons. It offers our diners cuisine to a two Rosette standard with emphasis on simplicity, exacting flavour combinations and exemplary presentation.
An unprecedented interest in UK Staycations and Cambium’s growing popularity creates an exciting new career opportunity for an experienced Chef de Partie to work alongside the Head Chef, Alistair Craig, helping to build a strong kitchen team and ensuring we deliver outstanding cuisine for our guests.
- Run a section unassisted in the main kitchen, keeping it organised and well prepared at all times
- Support and lead other chefs in your section through clear communication and delegation, and identify any training needs
- Produce dishes as per Head Chef’s instruction, maintaining consistency and high quality for our guests
- Make sure all Mise en place meets the required high standards set by Head Chef
- Help with the day-to-day cleaning and organisation of the kitchen, dry stores, veg stores and main cool room
- Take a proactive role in the team, identifying and resolving issues as well as sharing ideas for improvements.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Good knowledge of classic and technical cooking methods
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A collaborative approach to teamwork
- Meticulously high standards and an eye for detail
- A passion for food and ambition to achieve culinary excellence
- High standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Good knowledge of food hygiene/health & safety standards
- Experience in a similar establishment or hotel (at 2 or 3 rosette level)
- Competitive rates of pay including Service Charge Tips
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- Uniform and workwear provided
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Annual leave. Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement
- Long Service annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme
- Free parking on site