Type – Full time (35 hours per week) or Part time (25 hours per week), Monday to Friday (no weekends), working straight shifts from 6.00am.
Reports to – Restaurant Manager
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Located in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst, nestled between the New Forest National Park and the Solent. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award-winning SenSpa and 3 onsite restaurants, we pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings. Our employees benefit from a close teamwork environment, reward schemes and opportunities for personal development.
Summary of the job
We are looking for a waiter/waitress to assist with breakfast service at Careys Manor hotel. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your hospitality skills alongside a professional, customer-focused breakfast team. You will be part of a team delivering a co-ordinated and seamless breakfast provision, providing a warm welcome with exceptional service delivery, all in accordance with company and safety standards. The Breakfast Manager will offer hands-on support, training and guidance, enabling a strong sense of team work and collaboration.
- Meet and greet guests and provide excellent customer service at Breakfast in accordance with the Company standards
- Excellent knowledge of menu items, ingredients, allergens and pricing
- Taking guest orders accurately and efficiently ensuring clear communication with the kitchen
- Accurately prepare final bills for guests and efficiently process payments on the system and safely store bills
- Be aware of any guest dissatisfaction and immediately take action to resolve
- Clear and set tables ready for service in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Be responsible for ensuring the mis en place for service e.g. cutlery, crockery, glassware, condiments, fruits, juices etc are re-stocked for service
- Strictly adhere to all rules relating to fire, hygiene and health & safety, as per hotel standards
- Ensure food safety standards are met at all times, ensuring all foods are date labelled correctly, and this is adhered to at all times.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be friendly and engaging
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Take pride in their high standards of personal presentation & hygiene
- Have a real passion for customer service and a focus on the guest experience
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Be familiar with Health & Safety and Food Safety legislation
- £14,300 – £20,020 per year per plus Service Charge tips and annual salary review
- Free off-peak use of the spa and gym facilities
- Free meals on duty
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Training & development opportunities
- Discounts off hotel stays, restaurants, spa services and products
- Friends and family discounts
- Referral bonus for introducing a friend
- Enhanced annual leave for long service (5 years+)
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking