Christmas Side Dish – Honey Roasted Carrots with Carraway Seeds
This Christmas, be inspired by Dylan James, Head Chef at our Cambium restaurant, who shares his festive side dish recipe - Honey Roasted Carrots with Carraway Seeds.
- 6-8 Large carrots
- 2tbsp Carraway seeds
- 100ml Honey
- 2tbsp Neutral oil (rapeseed/ vegetable oil)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a pan of water to a rolling boil and pre-heat your oven to gas mark 5/ 170 fan / 375 Fahrenheit.
- Top & tail and peel the carrots.
- Slice the carrots on a diagonal.
- Par-boil the sliced carrots for 4 minutes until they are slightly softened. Strain through a colander.
- In a roasting tray add the oil, salt and pepper, caraway seeds and the par-boiled carrots.
- Cook for 15 minutes then add in the honey and toss to coat all the lovely carrots in the sweet, sticky honey.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes until everything is sticky and glossy.
- Finish with a little extra salt and they are ready to serve.
Like the look of our delicious Christmas side dish, but don’t want the stress of cooking up a feast yourself? Why not join us for Christmas at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa this year? Indulge in Christmas day dinner at the hotel, plus an overnight stay with one of our Christmas hotel packages. There is nothing more magical than Christmas in the New Forest.