Traditional Thai Remedial Therapist - SENSPA
Traditional Thai Remedial Therapist
SenSpa is an award winning, authentic Thai spa located at Careys Manor Hotel in the stunning surroundings of the New Forest, Hampshire. We are looking for an experienced therapist to provide traditional Thai massage therapy to identify and assess cause of pain and treat using remedial therapy techniques to a standard of excellence, ensuring guest comfort and welfare at all times.
- Provide consistent specialist massage, face and body treatments as trained by SenSpa within the time allotted to the service.
- Assess guests’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion to identify problem areas and causes of pain.
- Apply massage techniques which relieve pain, increase mobility and restore health and wellbeing
- Provide, communicate and explain aftercare advice to support guests’ health
- Identify areas of discomfort and pain, and relieve through the use of the most suitable remedial massage, administering oils and herbs to treat these ailments
- Develop effective treatment plans for regular guests.
- Apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology and contra-indications so that guests’ health conditions are identified and dealt with sensitively and appropriately and treatments are carried out safely.
- Have a complete knowledge and understanding of all the services and products offered by the spa.
- Inform and educate guests about their specific concerns regarding the appropriateness of their treatment selection.
- You will have a good understanding of treatment benefits, ingredients and their effect on the body.
If you have advanced skills as a Traditional Thai Massage Therapist with substantial experience of practising massage therapy in Thailand, we would love to hear from you. In return, we will give you first rate training and the opportunity to further develop your skills in our award winning spa as part of our friendly, multi-skilled team. The successful applicant must have excellent English skills with an academic qualification taught in English and recognised in the UK as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or successful completion of an approved English language test with at least CEFT level 1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
We do have staff accommodation available and it is a good base to explore the South Coast. The hotel and spa is situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Free meals, including Thai food
- Staff accommodation
- Ongoing training
- Full use of SenSpa facilities
Please go to our website www.senspa.co.uk for more information.
SENSPA is owned by Greenclose Ltd; also in the group are Careys Manor Hotel in Brockenhurst,
The Montagu Arms Hotel in Beaulieu and The Imperial Hotel in Llandudno.
European Health & Spa Awards Winner of 'Best UK Hotel Spa 2013' and Winner of 'Best UK Signature Treatment 2013'.
Good Spa Guide Awards Winners 'Best Spa in the South East' 2012 & 2013
World Luxury Spa Awards 'Best Luxury Spa Resort' Finalist 2013