Circular walk around Brockenhurst
| Jul 2012|
Distance: 1 ½ miles (3 kilometres)
Time: 1 hour approximately
- Start from the Brockenhurst Railway station car park (about a 5-10 minute walk from the Careys Manor hotel.
- Turn left out of the train station towards the Cyclexperience shop and then take the first left onto Brookley Road and continue on through the village shops to “The Watersplash”.
- Cross the bridge and turn left onto Burley Road.
- Go across the end of “The Rise” and go to the fence on left around the last house before Forest Lawn.
- Leave the road and turn left after Culverley Green
- Cross over the bridge and go past the school on the left
- At the B3055 main Sway Road, cross the road, turn left and after a few yards a right turn will take you through an alley leading to the end of The Close.
- Turn left (with the railway station on your left), cut through the car park. Leave by the level crossing and turn right.
- Ignore the first lane (Mill Lane), but take the next track and follow the lane to “St Nicholas Church”
- At the bottom of the lane, bear left, and come to North Lodge.
- Cross Mill Lane to the lane opposite. Proceed along this footpath over the railway lines and drop down to the Brockenhurst College grounds on your right.
- Proceed down this lane and you will come out at the junction by the Rose and Crown pub.
- To go back to the train station, turn left, to return to the Careys Manor Hotel, turn right.
Explore Careys Manor and SenSpa Further: