A Short Walk around Pignal Inclosure
| Jul 2012|
This walk takes you through Forestry Commission managed Inclosures, giving you the opportunity to spend a few leisurely hours strolling through the woodland.
Distance: 5 kilometres
Time: Approximately 1 ½ hours
- Turn right out of Careys Manor and then take your first right onto Balmer Lawn Road, keeping the Balmer Lawn hotel on your left.
- Bear left at the cycle way marker post 31 (Beaulieu/Lyndhurst) and continue up the gravel track to the “Standing Hat” Forestry Commission car park. Keep left at the fork towards the car park up a slight incline.
- From Standing Hat car park enter Pignal Inclosure by five barred gate.
- Take left hand north easterly gravel track.
- Take the third track on the right and proceed in an easterly direction.
- Turn right at junction and walk along gravel track crossing over the cross track to the Inclosure boundary. Keep within Inclosure.
- Take sharp right hand track south westerly, and walk back to Standing Hat car park crossing Etherise Gutter.
Explore Careys Manor and SenSpa Further: